Silas and I had a conversation during bath time the other day. I told him that Daddy was his father. He looked at me, laughed at me hysterically, and said, “No he’s not.” Which of course prompted me to say, “Yes, he is. Daddy is your father.”
“No he’s not!” laughing hysterically, like that was the funniest thing I’d ever said.
Then I told him that I was his mother.
“No you’re not!” Hahahaha.
“Yes, you can call me Mommy, Mom, Momma, or Mother.”
“I call you Nuffing.” Hahahaha.
“Silas, what’s my name?”
“Nuffing!”
“All right, Silas. If I’m Nuffing, then you’re Done!”
“No, I’m Cold (pronounced Code).”
I got him out of his bath, wrapped him in a towel and put him on the sofa.
“Okay Silas, are you still Cold?”
“No, I’m hungry!”
We had another conversation during bath time that evening about why we should love God. Trying to explain this on a 3-year-old’s level can be a little difficult. I told him that one reason we should love God is because He gives us a lot of good things ("blessings").
He said, “Like food?”
“Yes, like food.”
“And milk?”
“Yes, milk.”
“And apple juice?”
“Yes. But Silas, what was the best gift God gave us?” (Hint, hint, hint: Jesus).
Eyebrows bouncing up and down, head slightly to the side so that he looks at me with just one eye and a huge grin on his face, “Snacks!!”
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment