

Eli was a month old yesterday. He's gained quite a bit of weight and length, although I'm not sure how much. He's grown out of the newborn clothes and I'm finally able to put him in some of the cute 0-3 month outfits we were given. He's doing better at sleeping during the day. Dad and Jill took Silas for a few days and it helped me to really focus on Eli and find out how he likes to do things. First, he eats much better in a quiet environment. Second, if he's asleep I shouldn't try to get him really awake and alert because he has a hard time falling back to sleep. So, if he's asleep, I let him sleep (he'll eat even when drowsy) and if he's awake, I let him stay awake. This is very different to Silas, who thrived on a sleep schedule that I put into place. He's also doing much better at not crying, with only one or two times in the day that we get some inconsolable crying. He no longer cries for an hour and a half when I put him down to sleep and is getting better at falling asleep on his own. He still wakes up twice in the night, though.
I think I've finally got him figured out and he's definitely settling into his new life. I no longer feel like pulling my hair out because I don't know what to do with him or why he won't stop crying or go to sleep. Overall, I would say I really have to focus on him to get him settled. It takes all of my attention to feed him well and all of my attention to get him to fall asleep on his own. If I'm distracted, neither of those things go smoothly.
There's his one month update!
No comments:
Post a Comment