Friday, August 27, 2010

Eli's 2-month Update

Eli had his 2-month checkup a couple of weeks ago, but what with having Savannah visiting, then staying at my sister's for a week, I never actually posted an update.

At 2 months and 7 days, Eli was 10 lb. 15 oz. and 23 inches long.  I don't remember what percentages those were, somewhere around 50% I think.  I talked to the doctor about all the problems I had with him for the first several weeks and he said it sounded like he actually had colic (which is apparently often incorrectly and overly diagnosed).  He was very encouraging and made me feel like I got through it pretty well, even with my few minor meltdowns. 

He's doing much better with sleeping during the day, although I can't manage to stretch his nighttime sleeping much past 5 am in the morning.  It doesn't matter if I feed him at 9 pm or 11 pm, he's going to wake up by 5 am.  He's smiling a lot, especially at Silas, Daddy, and me.  The other day Christian called from work to check in and I put the phone to Eli's ear.  As soon as he heard the sound of his father's voice, he went still and quiet, and then gave a huge grin.  My friend Lezli came down last weekend with her family.  She managed to get Eli to laugh quite a bit while singing a song about an alligator.  I'll post the video at some point.

As for the vaccinations, Christian and I decided to go ahead and get them for both boys (Silas is due a round in October).  There were 2 reasons for this.  The first is because of our plans to fly internationally next year.  If we had been sticking around our neck of the woods, we probably would have delayed giving Eli his shots, but because of the risk of catching strange diseases when you fly internationally, we decided not to wait.  We also weighed the advantages and disadvantages.  To us, having a child with autism would be far better than having a child go through one of those serious illnesses and the risks that go along with them.  It's a tough decision to make, and either which way you decide seems like a high-risk gamble. 

Oh, and Silas at 2 months?  He was 13 lbs. 5 oz. and 24 1/2 inches long.  He was definitely Chunk.

1 comment:

  1. He is growing fast. I understand the difficult decision surrounding vaccines. Our oldest has Autism...but I am so glad we don't have to worry about whooping cough, or measles, or rubella. (not that I am advocating or not advocating the link between shots and Autism). Sounds like you are really enjoying those precious boys!!!

    ReplyDelete