Friday, October 15, 2010

Eli's Four Month Checkup



Am I a bad mom because it's only been six hours since the doctor's appointment and I already can't remember what his vital signs were?  Good thing the doctor prints it out on a handy paper for me.

Eli weighs 13 lbs 4 ounces and is 25 inches long.  I think he said he was in the 50th percentile for height and around the 15th percentile for weight.  He has mild plagiocephaly, which means his head is shaped a little funny.  This is because for the first 2 months of his life he would only look to the right.  We've been working on making him look to the left, and his head is looking a little bit more round in shape nowadays.

Besides being a string-bean, he's doing really well in all areas except sleep.  He puts his weight on his legs, holds his head up really well (no worries Mom!), and is grasping toys and pulling them to his mouth. The doctor recommended a book for me to read about starting healthy sleep habits in order to get him sleeping through the night.  I'm not sure this will help, but it won't hurt to read.  I can't remember the name because of sleep deprivation.  :-)

As always, he's a complete joy and lovable little bundle.  I could go on about his smiles and laughs, but I'll save it for another post sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment