Silas came into my bedroom when he woke up this morning and told me, "I had the goodest dream EVER!" He had this peaceful, happy look on his face. He said the dream was about love, but he didn't want to tell me what happened in it. I finally convinced him to tell me, after he got over a little bit of embarrassment. He said in the dream he met a girl and he fell in love. I asked him what it was about the girl that he loved, but he couldn't really say. He could, however, tell me that she had long, straight black hair and blue eyes. And she was five. He told me some other parts of the dream, about playing Legos with a boy that was there, and going gorilla hunting with the family. I asked him if he went gorilla hunting with the girl and he rolled his eyes and said, "Mommy, of course not! We weren't even married!"
We talked a little about love and marriage, the difference between liking someone a lot and loving someone enough to commit to them forever. About marrying someone who also trusts in Jesus. And he told me not to worry, he still loved me, too.
Throughout the morning I could tell when he was thinking about the dream because he would have a big grin on his face. He asked me a lot of questions about the girl, like if the girl was real and if he really would get to marry her. I told him that one day he would grow up and meet a girl that was so much like the girl in his dreams that he would want to marry her and be with her forever. "But is she real?" I told him that maybe somewhere that little girl was living her life and waiting for the day that she would grow up and meet him.
When I put him to bed, he told me again that it was the goodest dream ever. Silas has bad dreams fairly frequently, and I've told him about praying to God and asking Him to take the bad dreams away. He knew tonight that this good dream was a nice gift from God. He asked why God would give him such a good dream. I told him it was because He loves us and wants to give us good things. It was one of the easiest bedtime routines I've ever had with him. I think he was hoping he would have another dream like it tonight.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment