Tuesday, November 1, 2011

An Update

Eli got some new winter boots.  He loves them.  He walks a lot more when he wears them.  It's probably because he can't scoot around on the floor as easily with those huge things on and because he's a little bit more stable than when he's only in socks.  He walks about half the time now.  

Now that his molars are coming in, I let him eat popcorn without first removing all the kernels.  He went to town with it.  His eating habits have changed a lot.  He doesn't like as much stuff anymore and has become a pretty picky eater.  We've had several battles of the will between us and him concerning food and he definitely gets in a huff when he loses.

He's also talking and understanding words a lot more.  He knows where his nose, mouth, and eyes are.  He's saying a lot of words, but not all that clearly.  Today he was definitely referring to the cat, Colin, but it came out more like, "Dodin."  He gets confused with the sign for Thank You and blowing kisses.  So usually when we tell him to say thank you, he starts blowing kisses. 

While he wants to be held a lot, he's not really a cuddler.  He doesn't like people getting near his face, i.e. for kisses.  Silas likes to try to steal kisses from him and he really doesn't like him being in his face.  While he  does cry and whine a pretty good amount, he's also definitely a charmer.  He can turn it on when he wants, but it's at his whim whether he decides to or not.  

Meanwhile, this boy amazes me every single day.  We're now going into our 3rd month of kindergarten and he blows me away with not only how well he does with it, but how enthusiastic about it he is.  He rarely gets tired of schoolwork, even when we've been doing phonics for an hour and a half.  He also is pretty good with math.  More than that, he's very sweet and loving.  When I put him to bed at night, right as I reach the door he always says, "I love you, Mommy.  I'll see you in the morning."  I thought those were supposed to be my lines!


No comments:

Post a Comment