One of our goats had a kid last night!
Here he is. Cute little thing.
This is Sweet Pea. Funny thing is, when we bought her we thought she had already been neutered. Thinking back, I don't know why I thought that. You know what they say when you assume something.
The other funny thing? Onion's the daddy. I had also assumed he was sterile because I read somewhere that goats that didn't have horns often were. Come to find out, another reason goats often don't have horns is because they get 'disbudded' when a baby.
The other funny thing? We have another female goat that is not neutered, so we might have another one coming along. Who knows?
We don't mind the surprise though. As a friend said, it's quite a shock, but kind of a cool one.
Our animal lover wasn't shy. He jumped right in there. He also jumped when the kid maaa'd at him.
He seems to be doing great. He's all soft and cuddly.
We haven't named him yet. Silas suggested Alvin. I said no.
Anyone need to visit a petting zoo? Free admission. Call for reservations.

i like alvin! that way if the goat gets into anything you can always yell AAAALLLLLVVVVIIIINNNN!!!!!!! :-)
ReplyDelete