Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Reasons Why from Colossians 3


I should seek the things above, where Christ is, because I have been raised up with Christ.

Because I have died and my life is now hidden with Christ in God, I should set my mind on things above.

I will consider the members of my earthly body dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed because I will be revealed with Him in glory, and also because it is for these things that the wrath of God will come.

Because I laid aside the old self with its evil practices, I shouldn't lie to others.

There is no distinction between Greek and Jew because Christ is all and in all.

Because we are chosen of God and are holy and beloved, we should put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Because the Lord forgave me, I should also forgive others.


I should be subject to my husband because it is fitting in the Lord.

Children should obey their parents because it pleases the Lord.

Fathers should not exasperate their children because they will lose heart.

We should obey our earthly masters with sincerity of heart because it is the Lord whom we serve, and because those who do wrong will receive the consequences of what he has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment