Monday, December 20, 2010

Sick Baby Boy

Eli got his first illness.  Or illnesses, actually.  He had a high fever and a gooey eye on Wednesday.  The fever broke Thursday morning, but he started to get cold symptoms that day.  By Friday, the eye was matting together every time he slept for any time, and he had a runny nose and a cough.  I really thought he would get over it quickly, so I didn't take him to the doctor.  Saturday, I was still thinking he would start getting better but he just wasn't.  By Sunday, Christian and I were so exhausted from the night-time wakings and the daytime crankiness (from Eli and us) that I vowed to take him to the doctor even if he did start getting better overnight.  But he didn't start getting better.
So I took him to the doctor Monday morning.  He has bacterial conjunctivitis in both eyes, an ear infection and a cold.  So we're treating the eyes with antibiotic eye drops and the ear with amoxicillin.  The cold should work its way out over the next few days.  My poor boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment