Our church's Vacation Bible School started tonight and I'm in charge of snacks. This means that I get to see all of the kids for a short amount of time. Perfect! We had cheesecake bites for the kids tonight, which I found out was a new experience for some of them. One boy said he didn't like cheesecake. I told him, "Okay, but if you don't like cheesecake then I think you're a little weird..." Another little boy looked up at me with big round eyes and whispered, "You're not supposed to call people weird!" Later, I asked the kids where they wanted to go in the world. One little girl said Paris and I asked her why she would want to go there. I heard a little boy in front of her mumble, "Only freaky people go to Paris." Sounds like this kid would fit right in with us!
The one I liked the best though came from Silas at bedtime. We were playing with our kitten, Colin, under his sheet but he quickly darted out of the room at the first chance of escape. Then we had this back-and-forth conversation:
Silas: "Why do we have a weirdy cat?"
Me: "You're a weirdy cat."
Silas: "Your whole body is a weirdy cat."
Me: "Your mama's a weirdy cat."
Silas: "Hey! You can't say that!"
It sounded like he actually took offense at me calling his mother a weirdy cat.
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment