Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Cake and His Boy

Eli and I made a cake for Auntie Charlotte last weekend.  It was just us two in the house and we had a great time. 

Eli was my official cake-taster.  He did his job well.

He even helped stir (no worries, I washed the spatula off).

He helped me clean the bowl, too.

Obviously, he was in a very good mood that morning. 

Come on, can he BE any cuter?
Alas, my helper ran off as soon as Daddy and Silas came home. But that was a good thing because I had the more tricky and delicate parts to assemble.

Okay, so this is a double chocolate layer cake with a fresh strawberry filling...

Nutella buttercream icing...

And shaved chocolate and almonds (with a strawberry carved into a rose) to top it off.

1 comment:

  1. um, yum! This looks awesome! And that is a mighty cute taste taster as well. :)

    ReplyDelete