Over the last couple of weeks I've participated in three baby showers, either for Shana or for me. Baby showers (and wedding showers, actually) are a very American tradition, something that allows friends and family to get together and celebrate the new addition and to bless the parents with any help they need to prepare for the new arrival. Or in Shana's case, arrivals.
Becky and I threw Shana her first shower and got to have a couple of fun hours with some close friends. There was food, cake, and lots of presents. With twins on the way, the help from friends and family is very much appreciated.
Becky, Shana, and I.
Shana with a few of the boxes and bags of diapers she received. She's heard that she's going to go through 200 diapers in just a matter of days.
This is my friend Bekah. She put together a wonderful shower for us at my church. I really wasn't expecting this, as we're not the most outgoing people in the world. It was a lot of fun and a true blessing.
Shana had another shower this last Saturday that a couple of old friends threw for her. I don't have any pictures from this shower, but it was also very nice and a good time. One of the guests was a friend of mine from Lake Jackson, Cherryl, who I got to see for the first time in a couple of years and it was nice to catch up with her.
So this American tradition is definitely one of my favorites. I like the idea of family and friends coming together to celebrate the new life and help support the parents in whatever way they need. Plus they're kind of like parties, and I love parties!
No comments:
Post a Comment