Saturday, May 29, 2010

Braum's and Dora The Explorer

We've been staying with Shana for the past week waiting for Eli to arrive. He's taking his time.


In the meantime, we've been enjoying staying at Shana's, which means being closer to a park, getting to play in the yard with the sprinkler, and being able to go to Braum's. I love Braum's. My friend, Lezli, introduced me to Braum's when I was pregnant with Silas. They didn't have them in Texas, though, so I couldn't indulge myself. But Arkansas has Braum's and their buttered pecan ice cream. I've been raised on Blue Bell, which is one of the best ice creams in the world, but Braum's buttered pecan easily rivals Blue Bell. Mostly because Braum's ice cream is still fresh from the farm and not mass produced yet.


Anyways, I'm getting side tracked. Christian, Silas, and I went to Braum's on Thursday. Silas likes this red sherbet called Sicilian Orange. He likes the cone more than the ice cream, so we get it dumped upside down in a bowl for him so he doesn't make a mess. After he's finished this ice cream, he looks like the classic toddler boy with red all over his face. He's really good at not making a mess (cuz he has this thing about getting his hands sticky), though.

So how does this relate to Dora the Explorer? While at Shana's, we're also enjoying getting to watch some videos that he doesn't normally get to see, like Dora. He's never watched it enough to understand that he's supposed to respond and interact with the characters. For example, when they say, "Say, 'Map!'" he's never said it, or done any of the movements. Until today. He finally figured it out. I was in the bedroom getting dressed when I heard him shouting. I thought he was calling for Daddy, but then Christian told me that he was actually speaking in Spanish in response to Dora.

It was very cute, but it gets better. This particular episode was about Dora and her friends trying to get ice cream. They finally managed to find some at the end of the show. Also at the end of every episode is when Dora asks what everyone's favorite part of the show was. So in response to Dora asking the audience what their favorite part was, Christian hears Silas say, "My favorite part was when I had red ice cream with a cone!"

No comments:

Post a Comment