Silas built this robot all by himself out of his blocks the other day. He was playing in his room on his own and I heard him climb onto his bed and say to himself, "That's a pretty good job." Shortly thereafter he found me and asked me to have a look at what he had made. Looking at the robot and listening to his description of the eyes, nose, mouth, arms, guns, legs, and toes (did you catch all that?), I gave the appropriate response of, "Wow, Silas. That's a pretty good job." As soon as I said it I had to laugh, realizing where Silas got the phrase.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I remember that moment. It happened to me when Savannah was about 13 months. She motioned her hand up and down and said "Just a minute". I never realized how much I told her that. I probably still do.
ReplyDelete