Monday, April 4, 2011

10 Months

These are the first pictures of Eli asleep in his entire life.  He's such a light sleeper and things have to be just right for him to get a good nap in that I've never even tried to get one before.

I was looking over my calendar for March and realized that Eli hit a lot of milestones that month.  He got his first tooth (bottom left) while we were in Texas. He won't let us take a picture of it, though.  His top 2 teeth are coming in now.  He started waving and blowing kisses in mid-March.  He knows that "hi" means to wave.  He'll make the smacking noise for kisses and put one finger to his mouth to "blow" it.  Since he knows these signs, I'm working hard on "please."  He also started crawling on the 23rd.  He finally was confident enough in his sitting and maneuvering that once he did figure it out, he took off. Needless to say, "no" has now become a common word in our house.  The last sort of milestone was that we broke him from his sleep bags, so he just has a blanket in the crib with him.  

He's a much easier baby to handle now than his first few months.  Unless he's not feeling well, he sleeps about 10 hours straight.  I'm nursing him four times a day still, at 7 am, 11-12 noon, 4 pm, and 9 pm.  He hasn't figured out how to use the sippy cup yet though, so I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to wean him in a couple of months.  It was easy to wean Silas, I just started giving him warm milk in a sippy cup whenever I dropped a feeding.  I have a feeling Eli is going to be a lot more difficult.

I'm not sure how much he weighs now, but he's definitely grown in height in the last few weeks.  He has no waist at all and still can't fit into most 6 month trousers because of it.  He loves being outdoors, especially if he can get his hands on some dirt and rocks.  I didn't catch him fast enough last weekend and he had a mouth full of dirt before I could stop him.  He loves animals and cats are his favorite, especially George.  He is definitely a people person and hates being left alone.  Although he prefers Mommy, he never cries when I give him to someone else to hold.  

His favorite food is definitely yogurt (just like his daddy when he was a baby).  He really likes the YoBaby that has the fruit and veggie puree mixed in with the yogurt.  I've been out of it but when we visited my sister's he got to eat it several times.  When we got back home it was hard to get him to eat his regular food.  The only other food I've noticed him love is lasagna.  I pureed some up for him and he always ate every bite.  He also seems to eat better when it's a meal that I've pureed (like spaghetti or dirty rice) rather than store bought baby food.  He hates apple sauce and winces every time I give it to him, even mixed in yogurt.

Overall, he's doing really well.  He's at such an adorable age and we're enjoying getting to know this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment