Friday, April 22, 2011

England Part Three: Family Traditions

 Every time the Dennett families get together, a few things happen.

1. A night out with Christian's little brother Raphael with some good pub grub.  Case in point, a steak and ale pie with chips and peas for Christian.

Said younger brother, along with a few pints of good beer and great cider.

Ah, true love.  
(Am I referring to my darling husband, or his love for an English pint?)

More pub grub.  A burger for Raph and bangers and mash for me. 

2. A "knees up" with the entire family.  This includes a wonderful meal (an amazing Beef Wellington created by father-in-law) and some dancing to a mixture of oldies, classic rock, and Scottish pipes.

Not even Christian's 84-year-old grandmother is allowed to sit out from the dancing, although she wouldn't dream of it.

Christian dancing with Great Nan.

Uncle Raph showing off how good looking he is.  Smirk, laugh, cough, sigh, yes. 

The last song played is always the same one, but I can't remember the name of it.  I'll have to find it out and update this post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment